Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Review




I was perusing the aisles at the pharmacy a few days ago when this newest lip product by Revlon caught my attention. It looks like a crayon and it reminded me of Clinique's Chubby stick which I've been lemming to try for the longest time now. I swatched the samples they had and found this particular shade, Romantic, the most promising among the 6 or 7 available (they did not have all the 12 shades). So I took this baby home along with the other skincare staples and a stack of medicines:)

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (mouthful eh?), as the name implies, is designed to moisturise and nourish the lips while giving it a long lasting flush of colour. I find that it keeps the lips softer and smoother just like any balm. The peppermint flavor infused in this product gives a very nice, cool and tingly effect after application but the sensation doesn't last very long. I find that it is more of a stain than a balm, because the colour lasts for a quite a while but the moisturising benefit fades after 2 or 3 hours.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic
Romantic is a sheer berry red shade. It looks like a strong red at first glance but it applies quite sheerly probably because this product has a gel-like texture. I had to swipe it three times on my lips to achieve this colour. But the good thing is, it didn't feel like I was putting on so much product even after layering it. It felt really nice and the colour lasted for at least 6-8 hours.


My verdict? Definitely a must-have for me! 

This product is for you if: 
1) you want just a tinge of colour on your lips that doesn't fade quickly
2) you love balms
3) you can't stand wearing lipstick

 You might not like it if:
1) you can't stand sheer lip product  
2) you need a very moisturising balm for very dry, chapped lips

I can't wait to try the other shades from this line:) And for only 62SR, it is a good bargain! Stay tuned for more reviews and tutorials....See ya<3





2 comments:

The Pink Tarha said...

Glad to see a blog that focuses on beauty and make-up here in Riyadh. :) Timely to find you also because I've been looking for Revlon's Just Bitten line here for the longest time. Where did you buy it? :)

~ Sundrenched of The Pink Tarha

Ice said...

Hello Kabayan Sundrenched! welcome to my icy world of color:) Bought if from Sulaiman Al Habib Pharmacy(Rayan branch)...