Monday, January 30, 2012

Desi-Bride Inspired Look Tutorial

Hello my lovelies! I'm still recovering from a flu attack and despicable migraine incidences that I'm hardly finding time to do some posts. Although I have a long list of reviews and tutorials coming up, it might take a few more days for me to get back to my normal routine, so please bear with me.

Today I was able to do a tutorial that is inspired by Desi brides. It is very easy, yet very dramatic and is really pretty. Weddings in the indian subcontinent are one of the biggest, most lavish celebrations in the world. Every detail is marked by elaborate, florid preparations. Brides are adorned in very intricately designed clothing, ornate jewelries and of course, the make-up is just absolutely dazzling! So if you want to relive those wonderful memories again or would want to look like a stunning desi bride, please continue reading.

Things I used:
MAC soft ochre paintpot
MAC Cranberry e/s
MAC Goldmine e/s
MAC Nylon e/s
MAC Black tied e/s
MAC blacktrack fluidline
mascara
ardell scanty lashes
lash glue

1. Apply soft ochre paint pot on the entire lid. You can also lightly dust powder on your lower lashline towards the cheeks to easily clean eyeshadow fallout later.


2. Using a flat shader brush, pack in goldmine eyeshadow on the entire lid.


3. Add cranberry e/s on the crease.



4. Apply black tied eyeshadow using a bullet brush on the outer V to create depth and dimension.


5. Blend the two colors lightly, and this is what it should look like at this point.



6. Apply nylon eyeshadow on the mid of the lid, on the inner corner of the eye extending it to the inner lower lid.




7. Using an angled brush or any small brush, apply black tied e/s on the lower lid, just below the lashes.


8. Add cranberry just below the black tied e/s, and blend it so it overlaps a bit with the black shade.



9. Apply eyeliner on the upper lashline. You can either do a simple liner or a winged one.



10. You can now apply false lashes (not my favorite but I did it for this look), add mascara, apply kajal on the waterline if you choose to, and voila, here's the final look:







I hope you liked this short post! See ya<3

6 comments:

Maryum said...

<3 it ...

Shazia rafat said...

The look is GOORGEOUS ! way to GO girl ! the use of cranberry gives such a pop to the entire look !

Ice said...

Thanks Maryum!!!<3

Ice said...

Thank you Shazia! I <3 cranberry, it's such a lovely and very versatile color, and the texture is super easy to work with!

Maryam Maquillage said...

beautiful eyes and makeup!! so happy to meet a beauty blogger from Saudi Arabia, there aren't a lot of you!!

Ice said...

Thank you Maryam! I'm so flattered to receive such praise from u! I am starstrucked! I love your tutorials and creativity<3 thanks again:)