Saturday, February 18, 2012

Tightlining Tutorial

Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing good today. I have been receiving questions about tightlining ever since I made a post about eyeliners which you can read here. I was not in a very good mood to do a full eye make-up tutorial because my eyes are very droopy and looking very tired these days, so I decided to make a short tutorial on how I tightline instead.

Tightlining is a very easy way of adding a bit of glamour to the eyes without wearing a lot of make-up. It makes the lashes look a lot fuller and defines the shape of the eyes in a very natural, "sans maquillage" way. It is a simple process but might look a bit intimidating to beginners. It involves using an eyeliner to darken the roots of the upper lashes and the small strip of flesh under the upper lashline.

What you'll need:
Black Pencil
Gel liner(optional)

Procedure:

1. Dip the pencil on the gel liner (like you're writing a dot on the gel). Go immediately to step 2 if you don't have a gel liner.
UD 24/7 Glide on Pencil liner dipped on MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
If you're wondering about the gel's container, I back-2-MAC'ed it a few months ago and because it wasn't completely empty, I scraped the remaining product and transferred it to this vessel:)

2. Push your upper lashes slightly against the lid so the small strip of flesh under the upper lashline is exposed. You can either do this while looking straight at a mirror or you can also lay a small mirror on a flat surface then look down at it if you're more comfortable.


scary I know:D
3. Guide the pencil gently against the roots of the lashes and the area shaded above.



4. And here's the before and after look.


bare eyes

tightlined


The seemingly trepidating steps aren't as horrible as they look. And as you can see, my lashes look a lot fuller and my eye is looking more defined after tightlining, even without mascara. Your eyes might shed a few tears initially but as they get used to it, it'll get better. Practice makes perfect:) If you're feeling lazy but still want to look a little more polished, just do this step,add a few coats of mascara, apply blusher on the apples of your cheeks, add lipgloss and you're ready to go.


I hope you liked this tutorial and stay tuned for more! See ya<3


4 comments:

Shazia rafat said...

OOoooOO did i hear back to MAC ? Now that's something u need to blog abt. aswell girl !I'd LOOVE to know all the stuff u backed to MAC & what u got for it ! I always decide ok no more lipsticks/blushers etc etc until i finish my lot & back-to-MAC it but ALAS this heart understands no restrictions ;)

Ice said...

We have very stubborn hearts Shazia!:D I back-to-Mac'ed just once since i got hooked with makeup, and some of the stuff weren't even empty yet so I transferred them to another containers...i didn't take a pic though:(( the items were 2 Plushlash mascaras, 2 vanilla perfumes, mac fix+ spray and the blacktrack fluidline...i got Crosswires lipstick:)

Shazia rafat said...

wow ....i had no idea mac has perfumes too ! Are they any good?
How did u find there Mascaras ? I havent tried MAC mascaras yet but I just got the borjois clubbing (i think i saw it here on ur blog, correct me if i'm wrong) & i'm in SUPER love with it ! :) Post a pic/swatch of the crosswires lipstick plz ? :)

Ice said...

The perfumes are very nice, but they're more like travel-sizes that's why I was able to empty 2 bottles hahaha...plushlash is one of my fav mascaras! It lengthens and volumizes at the same time! Definitely a good purchase...crosswires is a gorgeous color! It's a fun and bold shade for summer! Will do a review soon:)