Friday, January 13, 2012

Green Look Tutorial



Five days passed and not a single post from me:( I'm starting to become a lousy blogger. I hope you forgive me.

Anyways, enough of my drama hahaha. I hope you are enjoying a good weekend like I am, and for those who haven't had their best days of the week yet, I wish you a pleasant one. I had a tough week that kept me occupied. My son had otitis media(middle ear infection) and it was horrible. He was in a lot of pain but thanks to modern medicine, painkillers alleviated his suffering and kept me sane. He had to miss school though because the infection itself was still in full swing so I had to teach him at home. But everything's fine now andI'm so happy and thankful that my lil one is back to his old, healthy and cheerful self again. I'm spending  the rest of the weekend watching movies and reading novels which is also a huge passion of mine.  Last night we went out for dinner with some friends which was great.


I wanted to do a tutorial about a certain look but I was too confused and didn't know where to start. I looked back at my previous looks that I posted(there are only two btw) and I realized that they're both neutrals.  I also wanted to counter the gloominess of my previous week so I decided to work with something that has color and life. And speaking of life, I pictured plants and their leaves that are of course very important in maintaining our planet and our kind. Oooooppps, I was just kidding! I thought of making a green look tutorial simply because it's my favorite color. This look is very dramatic and is not for the faint-hearted. It is more suited for night-outs and evening parties/gatherings. I hope you like it:)

Here are the things that I used:
UD Primer Potion

MAC Juxt
Humid
Blacktied
Ricepaper
MUFE Aqua Liner in 17L
Black pencil liner
Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner
Covergirl Lash Blast

1. Prime your  lid by applying a dab of UDPP and smooth it all over.



2. Apply Juxt eyeshadow on the entire lid using a flat shader brush.




3. Add Humid on the crease using a blending brush.
 

4. This is what it should look like at this point.
 




 5. Blend Humid up to the crease using a fluffy blending brush.







6.  Create depth and prominence to the eye by adding Black Tied on the outer V.



6.  Blend, blend, blend so there's no harsh demarcation of colors.



7.  Apply Ricepaper to the browbone  to highlight.



8. Highlight the inner corner by applying Ricepaper using a pencil brush.


9. Apply Humid on the outer lashline using a short, stiff flat brush. Connect the shade as if you're making a line towards the end of your brow.




10. Apply juxt on the inner lashline, using the same brush but make sure to wipe it clean first.:)



11. And you'll have something like this.


12. Add eyeliner on the upper lashline. I chose to do a subtle winged-liner to match the dramatic look.



13. Apply MUFE Aqua Liner in 17L on the waterline.



14. Tightline using a black eyeliner and apply mascara. And here's the finished look.





I hope you enjoyed reading this post and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to leave me comments. Thank you so much for all blog lovin' and support! See ya<3

10 comments:

sonia said...

this is awesome!!

Ice said...

ThaNk you Sonia!

cheeriza-joy.oxiles said...

hi dear. you've got nice thing working out there. this blog really fits for newbies as far as make up is concerned (especially in our native place where folks don't usually use face enhancers ;)) and for make up pros as well. i wish i could do this also but then life hits so hard that i have to work, work, work & work outside the confines of my sweet home and away from my lil cute oyang (sad face). too glad for this girl stuff. as i always say to all moms i meet everywhere, "stay hot and gorgeous as if you are (still) a virgin... (lol)" guess i'll always check this spot for everything in it. mwah mwah mwah! take care gurl. see you around.

Ice said...

Hi Cheeriza! I'm very happy that nowadays we can have this luxury of reaching out to everyone everywhere in the world and share our passion. My makeup obsession was spawned by boredom and my lack of creativity hahaha. Looking back, i'm still kinda surprised that I'm writing about makeup today, coz like what you've said, makeup from where we came from is still reserved for special occassions and where lipgloss and mascaras are the majority's staples. It may seem to some people that cosmetics is just a wanton display of vanity and a plain waste of money, but it has given me a chance to explore what really interest me and do the things that I like. It is an art and almost a science to me:) And looking good should never be ignored even by the busiest Moms, it's something that we have to do for ourselves, and not for someone else.

Yey for all the working Moms out there! I know it's tough to be a mother, housewife and a career woman all at the same time...i hope you get to do something like this during your free time. In the meantime, you're always welcome here to do a guest post or a review maybe? Take care pretty Mommy! Can't wait to see and your lil angel;)

Sidrah!!!! said...

This is such a pretty look!

Ice said...

Thank you Sidrah!

ash said...

love the makeupp...i will definitely try this lookk..i hope it comes out this well..:)can you give tutorial to have the shiny healthy gloww?

Ice said...

thank you Ash! do lemme know how it works for you:) I will definitely add that on my list:)

Raidah said...

hey gliasa, i just loved this tutorial, and learned a lot, i'm going to try it soon. The only thing i was a bit confused about is the lower line under the eyes. Which eye liner did u use here?

Ice said...

Thank you Raidah! I didn't use eyeliner on the lower lashline, I used the green shadow and smudge it instead...